So with the upcoming big ultrasound I thought I would share some thoughts. When we were trying to get pregnant with Izzy it took a lot longer then I thought, when I finally did get pregnant it ended in a miscarriage, which was devastating at the time. After thinking that I may never become a mom we were blessed to get pregnant again with Izzy. When the time came that we felt it was right to start trying for baby #2 it again took longer then we would have liked and became a very frustrating time for me. I did a lot of praying that included lots of begging, pleading, bargaining, etc. until I finally realized that I needed to stop and put my trust in the Lord, like I have done so many times before. I instantly felt a peace, I stopped having the attitude that something was being withheld from me for some reason. I looked at my sweet Izzy and decided that if she were the only child I was ever blessed with my life would already be more full then I could ever ask for or deserve. From that moment on I have looked at each child as a huge bonus in an already full family. I know it sounds cliche, but my biggest hope for Wednesday is to find out that my little baby is healthy and growing the way that it should be whether "it" is a boy or another beautiful little girl . I think to hope for any other specific outcome would be selfish, I have already been blessed with more then I could hope for.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
My glass is already full
So with the upcoming big ultrasound I thought I would share some thoughts. When we were trying to get pregnant with Izzy it took a lot longer then I thought, when I finally did get pregnant it ended in a miscarriage, which was devastating at the time. After thinking that I may never become a mom we were blessed to get pregnant again with Izzy. When the time came that we felt it was right to start trying for baby #2 it again took longer then we would have liked and became a very frustrating time for me. I did a lot of praying that included lots of begging, pleading, bargaining, etc. until I finally realized that I needed to stop and put my trust in the Lord, like I have done so many times before. I instantly felt a peace, I stopped having the attitude that something was being withheld from me for some reason. I looked at my sweet Izzy and decided that if she were the only child I was ever blessed with my life would already be more full then I could ever ask for or deserve. From that moment on I have looked at each child as a huge bonus in an already full family. I know it sounds cliche, but my biggest hope for Wednesday is to find out that my little baby is healthy and growing the way that it should be whether "it" is a boy or another beautiful little girl . I think to hope for any other specific outcome would be selfish, I have already been blessed with more then I could hope for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
EXACTLY what I needed to read tonight. Thanks.
(Sarah N. not Matt)
Those are the same sentiments that I have exactly, my cup runneth over. Love your cute family :D
So sweet and so beautifully said. I need that same perspective right now as I am having many of the feelings you once had. Good luck on Wednesday!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I know that my own struggles to get pregnant have made me even more grateful that I finally have the opportunity to be a mother.
Putting your trust in God can be difficult, but it is a lot easier than trying to figure everything out by yourself. And little girls are the best! love you.
This was a beautiful post! Thank you so much for sharing it...I really needed to read this today. I can't wait to find out the results of your ultrasound!
Post a Comment