
So today I read a post on facebook where someone said they were put out that two year old's were getting a bad rap in regards to being "terrible". I would like to say for the record that they ARE terrible and this person's children are obviously too old for them to remember the stage. Lucy is not even two yet and here are some of the things we have had to deal with in the last week alone...coloring all over the house with pen, marker, crayon, etc., destroying her room every single morning, climbing up on a bookshelf to feed Spot the fish an entire thing of fish food (in the middle of the night I might add) climbing on the bathroom and kitchen counters, the kitchen table and the dresser, getting garbage from the garbage can and putting it around the house, unloading an ENTIRE box of kleenex onto the bathroom floor, climbing into a still damp bathtub as soon as she gets clean pj's on, ect., ect., etc. You may be thinking to yourself, "Wow, doesn't she watch her kid?" The answer is YES! these things are going on right under my nose. So for those of you that don't have children in this stage please do not tell us that we are being unfair to our children, just show us some compassion for what we are going through!
7 comments:
I can't wait...
but don't worry, you are a great mamma and one day she won't be in this stage. you're doing an awesome job!
AMEN
AMEN
AMEN!!!
Funny read, although not such a funny reality. Hang in there!
I have so much to look forward to....
Whatever...she never acts like that when I'm with her.
Oh wait-she's even worse because I don't know her moods. Sigh. Don't get too discouraged-it's just such a hard time because she wants to explore her world and is constantly learning and she's so hard to keep up with! I think you're doing a great job...and hopefully she grows out of this stage soon. :-) At least we can be hopeful.
Oh Bekah. I feel for you. You are so right. 2-year olds are oh, so terrible. But so cute!
we are all in this together-right? We should schedule a two yr old free day, or at least a couple of hours--we'll each take a week and have all the 2 year olds dropped off at our houses! But yes, at the end of the day we might sigh, but we are also thinking we could never live without them!
Ha ha. I completely understand and I am far away from motherhood. I too have experienced many good times with little Lucy and it's true, it happens right under your nose.
Post a Comment