Monday, June 28, 2010

The best moments...



One of my favorite moments of the day is late at night when I finally lay Olive in her bed then quietly sneak into Lucy's room to turn off the light (that she has to have on to fall asleep) and finish up by opening up Izzy's door to let Mikka out and make sure that she actually made it into her bed. It's not my favorite because my kids are finally asleep and done for the day (although that is wonderful too) it's my favorite because I get to see their sweet faces one more time before I go to sleep, to know that they are mine, that I love them, that no matter what has gone on in the day they are what I live for. There is something so beautiful and comforting about a quiet, sleeping house that holds all my best treasures :)

6 comments:

anna jo said...

again, what a beautiful sentiment. and so, so true.

Eliza said...

aw, beautiful. you made me teary eyed :)

John + Bethany said...

awww :-)

WendyandGabe said...

So lovely.

Rachel said...

Does Izzy go to sleep with Mikka? that's cute.

Debi said...

Oh. That is so beautiful Beka! I have had those same thoughts before but would never be able to express them as eloquently as you. Well done.