I know it is completely cliche, but it seems like yesterday that this little girl was placed into my arms for the first time and now here she is, heading off to her first day of 1st grade. It has been a little bit emotional for me. Kindergarten was no big deal, 1st grade is the big time. She is gone from home for too long and I miss her too much. My only reprieve is that she loves it, she is so excited to go to school, meet new friends, learn new things, have three recesses, and eat in the school cafeteria. She will do just fine, and I'm sure I will too :)
7 comments:
Izzy will do just fine in 1st grade. She is really into learning and the excitement of school. You will do fine too. Relax and enjoy the time with Olive and Lucy.
My how time flies! She is getting to be a little lady, what a proud moment for you :)
This change to 1st has been a bigger adjustment. But, it is fun to see so many other moms hitting this at the same time. I understand the excitement and the long, exhauting day!
*exhausting (hot, tiring, crash-in-bed-early) day!
Time certainly does fly! I can't believe she is so grown up, but I'm sure she is doing awesome so far and you will be fine too, of course. :-)
Post a Comment