Saturday, February 11, 2012

Introducing...


 Hazel Ruth Miller


 Labor and delivery was a basically a piece of cake. I headed in around 9:30 on the 27th. My Mom actually dropped me off and Sean stayed behind so that he could go to Dads and Doughnuts with Izzy at school. It felt super weird to be there all alone but my nurse Kim was basically the best nurse ever so she made up for him not being there. She got my IV in totally pain free and got me stared. Sean showed up a bit later so I had them come in and do my epidural, which aside from the horrible jokes the Dr. kept telling was also pretty painless. The rest of the day was spent watching bad mid-morning tv and reading. Just before 4:30 I was ready to push. Three pushes later she was here! Seriously, easiest labor ever.  


 Kayla and Sam brought Izzy out so she could be the first to meet her.


 Both girls have loved to hold and "help". Olive is still learning that Hazel is a real, live, person and has only progressed to a nice, semi-soft, head pat. 


We are so thankful that Hazel made it here safe to our family and feel so blessed to have her in our home!

7 comments:

WendyandGabe said...

Congratulations!

Thankful6 said...

Congrats again. The photos of Olive and Izzy holding her are so precious.

mary plus vince said...

congrats!! you sure do make some cute girlies!!

Missy said...

So glad that everything went smoothly and you have a beautiful new little girl. Congratulations to your family!

B said...

Glad it was easy! I hope mine will be, but because its the first, i highly doubt it! She is cute!!!!

Rachel said...

I'm glad I finally got to meet her. She is such a cutie.

Eliza said...

She is so beautiful and I LOVE her name.