So for family night tonight we went to the library to let Izzy check out a few new books. Izzy and I had had a pretty rough day because she decided she didn't need a nap (even though after she had sat in her room for over an hour trying to take a nap she came out and exclaimed, "Mom, I had a great nap", I know, I know, we need to do a family night on telling the truth). So she was pretty much exhausted and fell asleep on the way to the library. When we got there she woke up but was basically walking around like she was drunk. We went and sat on the little couches and she picked a book for Sean to read, then she says, "my tummy hurts", so Sean picks her up to put her on his lap and then all of a sudden out comes the nastiest, smelliest, puke that I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot of puke this last five months. Poor Izzy puked all over Sean and the couch and the floor of the library. So we all run to the bathroom, covered in puke, where she pukes again all over the bathroom floor. We tried to clean up but the library had no paper towels, I had no wipes, no change of clothes for Izzy like I usually do. We told the librarian about all the puke on our way out and said we were really sorry but she was not happy and was not hiding it either. I guess there's really no way to apologize for puking all over the library. Izzy's fine now though, I think it probably had something to do with her lunch meat of choice, bologna.
This is the first time Izzy has really thrown up, like grown up throw up, and it made me REALLY excited for all the many years to come of cleaning up puke for all my future kids to come. Some things in my mom job description are not quite as glamorous as I would like :)
Monday, January 28, 2008
Projectile Vomiting at the Public Library
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
ooh, not fun but I'm sure Izzy wasn't the first or the last kid to puke in the library. I'm glad she's feeling better now.
I'm sorry, that sounds disgusting. Hopefully Izzy is feeling better and she doesn't create a food aversion to bologna.
Today she has a high fever so I don't think it was just the bologna. Poor Izzy.
Oh poor Izzy! And I feel bad that you just can't seem to escape the joys of vomit. The grossest vomit I ever had to clean up was Gable's though. Do your dogs ever throw up for you? Sick.
I guess it's all part of the adventures of being a mom. :-)
And I voted for Lucy in your name poll, but I was really close to voting for Eden because I like that name too. I just think Lucy Miller sounds a tiny bit better than Eden Miller. But I like them both.
Yeah, my dogs throw up ALL the time, I guess we are a family of weak stomachs or something.
I just voted for the name eden. 'cause that's just cool. eden miller sounds like a name of a cool, independent, rad kid. which I'm sure she will be.
but lucy is an awesome name too. I have a neice named lucy and she is pretty much the cutest thing around. so I'm a fan of that name too.
oh, and sorry about the puke.
Oh man:( I guess it's really going around right now because Bree has it too. Hope she's better soon!
Your daughter is a liar. She lies to me all the time now. Its weird. But I love her anyway.
Christian did the same thing a few months ago. He actually walked off of the tile and onto the carpet to vomit his spaghetti-o's. We still have a red stain.
We had fun with Sean the other night, we will have to get together and have a play date since we live 2 seconds away.
Post a Comment