Sunday, September 19, 2010

8 years baby!


Eight years ago today I married this guy. The pic above is two months earlier, right after he proposed. At the time I thought I was SO in love, I know now what little about love I really knew. I know it is totally cliche to say but I am more in love with him today then I have ever been. Just as my capacity to love has increased with each child I've had, so has my love and devotion to him. He is a loving father and husband, strong and capable in everything he does, insanely smart and hard working, intensely loyal to those he loves, insightful, witty, hilarious, generous, thoughtful, sensitive, and always supportive (to list a few). The last eight years he has shown me what love really is: it's tears and heartache, joy and laughter, it's three beautiful little girls, it's rushing to my side when sick, it's helping my walk to the restroom when my epidural hasn't worn off yet, it's waking up at the crack of dawn to start his day so he can be home earlier to spend time with us, it's kissing me goodbye when he leaves and embracing me when he returns, it's indulging me in silly things because he loves to see my giddy, it's letting me have a sip of his diet coke even though he hates to share, it's every single day that he lives totally and completely devoted to me and his girls. I love him. He is mine, and most importantly, I am his. Forever.


10 comments:

Missy said...

8 years! Congratulations you two lovebirds.

anna jo said...

ohhhh. congratulations, you guys!

John + Bethany said...

Congrats to one of the best couples ever! I can't believe how fast time flies though!

Eliza said...

Love it! Happy 8th you two :-D

mary plus vince said...

happy happy anniversary!

WendyandGabe said...

Very Sweet! I just love the happy picture of the two of you!

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary! I actually remembered it was your anniversary today and thought about you every time I wrote the date at work. (which is actually a lot) You guys are super cute!

Kayla said...

I guys you guys are kind of cool :) Congratulations!

Debi said...

Wow. That's nice. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful family you have :)
I know i do not know you but, i was on here for school and i just think that it so cool, that you are so in love.