Lucy woke up Wednesday night feeling sick and acting not like herself, we stayed up for four hours together until I finally woke Sean up to give her a blessing. After her blessing I knew I needed to take her to the hospital but kept second guessing myself because it seemed like an overreaction. Finally I took her up to Primary Children's Hospital Emergency where she was quickly hooked up to oxygen and started on steroids and breathing treatments. She also had to have a chest x-ray done and the horrible nose suction thing. After spending all night and most of the morning in the ER, the Dr.'s finally decided she was stable enough to admit her. So this was our home away from home for the weekend. She ended up having a viral respitory infection and continued to need oxygen that day and during the night while she slept. The next morning she woke up ready to go. She pulled her oxygen tube and monitor off and was throwing every blanket and burp cloth she could find onto the floor. The Dr.'s were very impressed at how she was doing and decided that if she didn't need oxygen during her nap that day then she could go home. She did great during her nap and was discharged later that evening.I am so grateful for the Priesthood in our home and for the Spirit that it brings. I know if I had left it up to my practical mind alone I would have stayed home fearing that I was overreacting. I know that I got a nudge from the Spirit letting me know that my "Mom Instincts" were on target. I'm so grateful to live so close to such an amazing facility, we were so well taken care of by the wonderful staff at Primary. Thank you also Alison and Debi for being so willing (at a moments notice) to take care of Izzy while we were up at the hospital. I am so grateful for my little Lucy and the fighting spirit she has been given, no one would guess that just a couple days ago she was in the ER with Dr.'s telling me she was not stable enough to be moved upstairs. It was a crazy, scary, sleep deprived weekend and I'm glad it's over.

10 comments:
Oh Rebekah. That must have been so scary and horrible for you. I'm glad to hear sweet little Lucy is doing better. Primary Children's is the greatest hospital ever, huh. We are so blessed to live so close to them.
I am so glad that she is doing better. I can only imagine what you were feeling/going through. Hopefully she continues to get better so that you can start to get some rest.
I'm glad she is doing so much better now.
I'm glad that she's okay. I was so worried for you guys when I heard she was in the hospital. Lucy really is a fighter.
That is the worst feeling in the world when your child is suffering and you don't know what to do. I had to make the ER call a couple of months ago for Persy and it was quite scary. I'm glad Lulu is doing better now.
Good job following your gut instincts + promptings of the spirit. I hope sweet Lucy continues to get better!
What a scare. Glad you're back home...hope things have settled and that you've gotten the needed sleep. (the above delete was me with all my type-os)
I am so relieved to hear Lucy is up and around again. I was so worried when I heard she was up at the hospital. We had something scary like that happen when Meg was a baby and I have never been so grateful to have such a wonderful hospital so close to us. If you still aren't getting enough sleep, send the girls my way!
I am secretely laughing, because I KNOW she is feeling better from all of the adult ibuprofen she inhaled while you were sleeping! She is shaking the bottle joyously...ha ha mom...if you only knew while you were sleeping :) So glad she is back to her happy self! We love you guys!
Post a Comment