Friday, March 5, 2010

Clarity

I have a very hard time admitting when I am wrong, it almost never happens and sadley, it's not becasue I am right most of the time, like I like to think. Last night while I was trying to get to sleep, which doesn't really happen easily these days, I had a moment of clarity. I am wrong. I will admit it. This past couple of weeks I have let myself get really annoyed and preoccupied with a few women that I know that do things differently than I do. Last night while I was stewing away at one particular annoying habit I realized that I was the one that was being so crazy! I know what a hard job being a wife, mother, housekeeper, etc. is and as a woman it is my job to be supportive and understanding to all women that are trying their best and leave petty judgments to someone else. I know I would like the same from other women. Hopefully I can remember, even in the face of extreme irritation, that every woman deserves the love and support of other women, that I can help build other women up and not bring them down. I was wrong to judge, wrong to speak unkind words, and wrong to spend so much of my energy worrying about things that I don't have control over. There, I said it. Don't expect me to admit it again anytime soon :)

2 comments:

John + Bethany said...

I don't know the details here, but it sounds like your recent perspective is a good one. Blame the crazy behavior on being preggo...I'm sure you had a valid point/opinion initially too though.

Kayla said...

I love you :) Ha ha, girls are cool.