Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy Weekend

This weekend was a busy one for us! On Saturday Izzy danced in her Spring recital, she did so great and was so cute! She was mostly just excited to get the flowers that she has come to expect at the end.
She also had her preschool graduation. The program was so cute and she was so excited to get to show us what she has been learning the last few weeks. I am so sad that this was her last year of preschool, she is going to miss Miss Alison like crazy when she finds out that she isn't coming to Kindergarten with her!
We ended the weekend with Olive's baby blessing, which aside from a few of Lucy's "helpful" antics and the guys almost dropping Olive during the blessing, it went off without a hitch. While I was getting Olive dressed at the last moment I got to kind of slow down and think about the day, it was the only non frantic moment of the morning and I just got to take my time for a minute and be soft and gentle and not rush while I slipped her white dress on. I'm thankful for her and her presence in our family. I'm thankful that I've been sent these beautiful little girls, that I've been entrusted with teaching, guiding, and helping them to learn what happiness is. My heart was just so full of gratitude today for all I have: motherhood, an amazing partner and friend, a supportive family, a comfortable life, and a loving Heavenly Father who sees fit to bless me with all of it.

We also had a little early birthday celebration for Lucy while everyone was over. She didn't quite understand what was going on but I think she had fun. We don't have any actual pictures of her opening gifts, just a super long video, so I'll have to take some of her having fun with her gifts and post those later.

4 comments:

WendyandGabe said...

Your girls are so beautiful! I just can't believe that Izzy is going to kindergarten next year!

Rachel said...

Olive looks so cute in that picture. I'm glad that one of them turned out well.

Debi said...

Olive's blessing day was so special. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Laurie said...

Super cute and sweet picture of your little Olive (Have I told you I love that name!) Glad her blessing went well.