Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Five year olds....go to Kindergarten!


Somehow Izzy has gotten the idea that life drastically changes when you turn five. I find her telling Lucy all the things that five year olds can and can't do. For example, apparently now that she is five she "doesn't play so much", I guess she is too mature now to play some of their old games :) So funny.
One thing she is right about is that five year olds get to go to Kindergarten! She had her first day yesterday and it went great. The first day is kind of a false start, she went one day and then goes back tomorrow for testing and then doesn't really start until Monday. She was so excited and had a ton of fun. She randomly got put right across from her friend Merc from up the street and her friend Rachel sits right behind her so she wasn't nervous at all.
Sending my oldest child to Kindergarten is supposed to be a big emotional deal for me, right? It's not. It's exciting for sure, and it does mark the start of our adventure into the public school system but I'm just not anxious about it at all. Izzy is ready. So ready. Maybe too ready. I'm pretty sure she is a genius, but I'm her Mom so it's my job to think that. She thrives in a structured group environment and loves to make friends. She is a strong and sturdy little lady and she will learn and grow and have fun.
Isn't being 5 fun?

2 comments:

John + Bethany said...

when did she get so grown up?!

Kayla said...

Ha ha, Izzy was also very responsible at the carnival today. She was very committed to her job at the penny toss. It's probably just her 5 year old responsible self coming out.