Sunday, August 29, 2010

Not cool!


What's not cool you ask? It's not cool that Rachel lives in Lehi, that's a whole hour away from me. It's especially not cool because she is going to have her cute little boy soon and an hour away is just too far away for him to be. Also, how are we going to do awesome stay at home mom things together when she is clear the heck out there!
It's not cool that Bethany thinks she needs to go off and get married and then move to Massachusetts, I mean, really!? Who is going to go on Costco runs with me and eat hotdogs that we both know we are going to be burping up for the rest of the day? Who is going to help me secretly drink Diet Coke while I'm pregnant? Who is going to constantly talk my ear off about her wedding (hopefully this won't happen since the wedding is over). The only reason I have allowed this move is so that I can come out to Boston and visit but I'm going to come right home from my trip and start being mad about it immediately! The nerve!
It's not cool that Kayla thinks she needs to move back up to Logan to go to school so she can get a "real" job. Jobs are totally overrated anyways, and hasn't Logan had her for too long? Who is going to put up with all my craziness, surely Sean cannot handle it all on his own? Who is going to take care of my kids when I have my next serious allergic reaction to penicillin? How will I find out what is going on with her friends and their love lives that for some reason I care about now? Who will be Lucy's surrogate mother? She won't know what to do without her! Who will seriously entertain crazy ideas like opening up a cupcake shop with me? Who will be there for me always, for whatever I need, to let me be myself, to be my sister and friend?
For the record, all of my sisters leaving me is so not cool.

Good thing I have this amazing sister-in-law to keep me company while all my other sisters abandon me!

7 comments:

John + Bethany said...

Oh, sad! I guess we are all leaving/changing our lives all about the same time. I will miss you and your cute girls and our costco runs and chatting the day/night away with you so much! You are my best friend and we better still talk all the time and you better come visit me and let's go to Ireland too! Love you sister!

P.S. one more costco run tomorrow? I do actually need to go please and thank you.

Pam Youngs said...

What about the Mom? I can keep you company and talk and whatever-only thing is, I work! I'll try to help more.

mary plus vince said...

i feel ya!

man, having 3 of my sisters move all over the country has been the worst and i miss them like crazy!! but, its also a really great opportunity to grow closer together! so, hang in there!

Kayla said...

Sorry to abandon you...but hey I will be there for some weekends. Remember how I already called you today though? So you basically haven't gotten rid of me yet :)

The Hilton Family~ said...

That is so sad that all your sisters are leaving. I think it is much harder to be the one left behind :( I can't believe how much you all look alike. Cute girls. If you need a buddy i am always around. We should set up a play date soon :) Hang in there!

Debi said...

That is nice Rebekah. We can make our own club called "moms of special preschoolers" :) But seriously, call me to hang out or tend your kids anytime.

Rachel said...

Lehi isn't that far away. Well, it kind of is, but we can still hang out. Maybe someday we will return to the land of Bountiful.