The girls were maybe a little excited to hit the road for Disneyland, this pic was taken like 45 minutes before we were all ready to go :)
We drove to Vegas the first day and stopped for the night. The girls were loving the hotel. Olive especially because she had spent the last 5 hours crying non-stop. Right after pulling in Sean headed out to get new tires for the car. Thankfully we made it to Vegas without any incidents, we were also very thankful the the cost of 4 new tires was almost exactly the amount that we had over budgeted for the vacation. I like to think it had something to do with me dropping the tithing envelope in the mail on our way out of town (the church is true people). While Sean took care of that the girls and I headed down to the pool to try and cool down. Luckily they had an indoor pool so we didn't have to swim in the 117 degree heat.
The next day was spent driving the rest of the way to CA, which included listening to five Disney movies and Olive crying the entire way there, again. We pulled into our hotel and grabbed dinner and then took a quick walk over to the Disneyland gates to get the girls excited for the next day.
The next morning was seriously exciting. We got to Disneyland first thing, we walk in and the streets are empty and the workers are all out and waving to the girls with their big Micky gloves. We turned the corner and the girls spotted the castle and Sean and I about started to cry it was so magical. The older girls loved all the rides, A Small World was the favorite. Olive clinged to me for dear life on most of the rides but she was a trooper and didn't scream and cry too much :) Sean and Izzy tried The Matterhorn, which wasn't my best Mom decision but she doesn't seem to have any lasting scars from it.
Nemo was not Lucy's favorite, when she wasn't buried beneath my legs she was doing this.
After spending the morning walking around in the 95 degree weather we stopped for the best ice cream and diet coke break I've ever had. It made my day, and Olive's.
I finally convinced Sean that we would need to go do the whole Princess thing (he sometimes forgets that he has all girls). The girls were in heaven. As we were walking away from meeting Jasmine Izzy says, "Mom and Dad, I am totally freaking out!" She was speechless when the Princess's were talking to her. They kept on asking her all these questions and she would just stand there smiling so I basically had to answer all their questions for her, she was a little bit star struck.
The rest of the day was a blast. The girls did great even though everyone was really hot and tired. The only not so fun part of the day was after the parade when Sean ran back to the hotel and I walked around Disneyland with three girls trying to find somewhere to eat, apparently if you wait too long restaurants fill up and then stop taking reservations surprisingly early in the evening. Picture a very tired and 10 week pregnant Mom hauling three very tired girls to multiple restaurants and at the last one being told that the guy in front of her just took the last reservation they had. I almost lost it but there is no crying in Disneyland so I held it together. Finally we reunited with Sean and found somewhere to eat. We stayed all the way until fireworks and then walked our poor tired feet back to the hotel.
The next day we realized that we had probably over done it a little bit the day before so we tried to take it easy.
Unfortunately, "taking it easy" included waiting an hour and a half to spend 30 seconds with Rapunzul and Flynn Rider. At least it made her happy, right? The rest of the day was spent re-visiting yesterday's favorites and exploring some new ones.
It's funny to look at the progression of Lucy and her pants in the photos of day two. She starts out in a pair of jean shorts, a quick blow-out later and she is briefly in a pair of yellow shorts only to have another blow out while across the water at Tom Sawyer's island resulting in the above picture in only a diaper. Once across the water I put her in Olive's extra pink skirt which lasted a couple hours until the next blow out when I had to put her in Izzy's Cinderella dress because I was totally out of extra pants at this point. Good times.
The girls had so much fun, and we had so much fun showing then a good time. I started planning our next trip before we had even left!
1 comment:
Going to California was probably the most memorable vacation we ever went on as kids, so I'm glad you guys had a chance to go before your kids are teenagers.
Post a Comment