Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Bull Fight
So a lot of people have asked about the bull fight that we went to in Spain so I thought I would give it a post of it's own. Altogether it was a cool experience, do I need to ever do it again? Probably not. So first all the matadors come out with their pink capes and basically taunt the bull to make it mad, then a guy on a horse comes out and stabs the bull with a huge spear. The first fight we saw the bull rammed the horse and lifted it clear up and tipped it over with the rider still on; it was pretty intense, all the matadors are trying to distract the bull while all these other guys are trying to make this poor blindfolded horse stand up and get off the guy riding him. Amazingly the rider got up and rode the horse out of the ring, hardcore. Then a couple matadors take turns stabbing the bull with the two colorful stick things (somewhere some bull fight enthusiast is having a heart attack at my lack of proper terminology). Then one matador comes out with the red cape and does all the fancy bull fighting. We really had no idea when he was doing something really cool but the old guys that sat in back of us knew what they were doing and would shout "ole" when something cool would happen. Then the matador would stab the bull until it died (I think if they get it on the first stab it means they are cool). Then the horse comes and drags the bull away. So that's a bull fight, it sounds even worse writing about it. It really was neat. It was interesting to see this old Spanish tradition, the older men in the crowd were so into it, and the matadors were all really young guys that must work really hard at what they do. I'm glad I went and got to see it but like I said before, I probably won't be going again anytime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, what a neat experience. I would like to see it for culture's sake, but I'm not sure I could stomach it. Great photos :)
That's crazy!
So thanks for sharing your pictures of the bull fight. What an experience, I am sure worth seeing. I have heard many things about those bull fights and it is probably one of those experiences that would make me cry, I have too soft a heart for all living creatures, even mean old bulls. Have a great day.
Yeah, bull fighting is pretty inhumane and seems pretty unnecessary to life. I also don't think I would be able to watch it. I think I forgot that they kill the bull in the end. I can't even watch goat tying at a rodeo because I feel so bad for the animals.
I'm not sure I ever realized they kill the bull at the end...I thought it was just all about the fancy cape tricks and stuff.
Post a Comment