We're planning on taking a couple side trips to places like Toledo but we are staying the night in Madrid. We won't have a car, we were planning on buying the bus pass that will let us ride the bus and the metro.
Hope this gets to you in time, but if not, I don't think you can go wrong by seeing whatever you get to!
My FAVORITE cities: Salamanca and Segovia and Toledo. If you make it to Salamanca, make sure you get a "Ricetta" pastry from the little bread store along the plaza's wall. HEAVEN! The castle in Segovia is a great tour. It is the castle that Disneyland's was based on. Also, I liked the windmills above La Mancha, from Don Quixote. And, the temple in Madrid is a beautiful sight...definate contrast to all the red brick of Madrid. There is a beautiful park in central Madrid, and of course the Prado museum.... I could go on and on...
No we haven't left yet. Thanks for the tips! I didn't even know that there was a temple in Madrid, I think we will plan on doing a session while we are there.
4 comments:
I'll get thinking on must-see spots and send you an email! Are you staying right around the city? Will you have a rental car?
Man, I'm jealous. Happy for you...but jealous!
We're planning on taking a couple side trips to places like Toledo but we are staying the night in Madrid. We won't have a car, we were planning on buying the bus pass that will let us ride the bus and the metro.
Have you left already??
Hope this gets to you in time, but if not, I don't think you can go wrong by seeing whatever you get to!
My FAVORITE cities: Salamanca and Segovia and Toledo. If you make it to Salamanca, make sure you get a "Ricetta" pastry from the little bread store along the plaza's wall. HEAVEN! The castle in Segovia is a great tour. It is the castle that Disneyland's was based on. Also, I liked the windmills above La Mancha, from Don Quixote. And, the temple in Madrid is a beautiful sight...definate contrast to all the red brick of Madrid. There is a beautiful park in central Madrid, and of course the Prado museum.... I could go on and on...
No we haven't left yet. Thanks for the tips! I didn't even know that there was a temple in Madrid, I think we will plan on doing a session while we are there.
Post a Comment