This is a girl that loves her bink. She has it ALL the time, she sleeps with it in, swims with it in, tries to talk with it in and recently has discovered that she can eat with it in also. I haven't been too worried about it. Lucy was very young when I got pregnant with Olive and I didn't want to stress her out (or, who am I kidding, me out) by taking it away. I was beginning to think I would never have the guts to take it away. I kept telling myself that I would not buy new binkys and see how long they lasted. Well, last Saturday I could not find her bink anywhere so I just put her to bed without it. She was so tired she fell right asleep. So, that was the end of the binky, I never thought it could be that easy. I found it the next day but decided that since she already went one night without it I might as well commit to weening her off it. She has done great! Nap times are a little scary and sometimes non-existent, but it's a small price to pay for getting to hear that cute voice of hers so much more.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Binkys are for Babies!
This is a girl that loves her bink. She has it ALL the time, she sleeps with it in, swims with it in, tries to talk with it in and recently has discovered that she can eat with it in also. I haven't been too worried about it. Lucy was very young when I got pregnant with Olive and I didn't want to stress her out (or, who am I kidding, me out) by taking it away. I was beginning to think I would never have the guts to take it away. I kept telling myself that I would not buy new binkys and see how long they lasted. Well, last Saturday I could not find her bink anywhere so I just put her to bed without it. She was so tired she fell right asleep. So, that was the end of the binky, I never thought it could be that easy. I found it the next day but decided that since she already went one night without it I might as well commit to weening her off it. She has done great! Nap times are a little scary and sometimes non-existent, but it's a small price to pay for getting to hear that cute voice of hers so much more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for Lucy and for you! I'm glad it hasn't been that bad and you should call me so she and Izzy can tell me cute things over the phone. :-)
I'm not brave enough to take Persy's away yet. I'll let you know how it goes.
Post a Comment