
This little girl has been scooting around and doing her best yoga moves all month long but today she got up on those knees and started to crawl! She loves to be down on the floor moving, at the end of the day she looks like a little dust mop from crawling around. I guess I can't get lazy with mopping the kitchen floor anymore.

I'm not sure Olive has really gotten a post since she was born, so here goes. She is my tiny little girl, 14% in weight and 47% in height. I waited until 6 months to start her on solids because she was just too small at 4 months. She is doing great with them now, she has tried just about everything and has loved them all. She takes two naps during the day and is a horrible sleeper at night. Just as I'm about to head to bed she wakes up to eat, then depending on the night, is up 1-4 hours later to eat again. Then if it's a good night she will stay asleep until 7:00 am, but if it's a bad night (which most are) she will be up again an hour or two after that. I have tried not feeding her, I have tried letting her cry it out, I have tried picking her up, not picking her up, etc., I'm not going to lie, I am exhausted. If you see me on the street and I ignore you or am rude, or if you call me and I forget that we even talked, or if you see me sleeping on my steering wheel in the Wal-Mart parking lot, cut me some slack, I haven't slept in 7 months. Aside from her sleep issues she is the sweetest baby ever. I love her smiles and giggles, I love that she will still snuggle with me and no one else. I love her to pieces.
6 comments:
I can't wait to see you guys this weekend and see Olive crawl! The question is will she be like Lucy or Izzy? Either way you should start locking things more.
She's a cutie!
Aww she's getting so big! I'm sorry she is still having sleep issues...my only advice is try feeding her more during the day so she'll hopefully grow less needy of the night feedings. Or get the book "12 hours by 12 weeks" and try it and maybe you can get 12 hours by 12 months...
I can't believe your baby is crawling already!! I must say that it makes me kind of sad how fast these little ones grow up. I am so sorry to hear about the rough nights :( that is no fun at all. I will keep my fingers crossed that she will start sleeping better ASAP. Let me know if you ever need a break to get some z's...I would love to help you out :)
P.S. I was just reading the comment above mine and I agree with the "more feedings during the day". I have my baby on a pretty strict feeding schedule during the day... a bottle every 3 hours, and i get 4-5 feedings in her. You may also want to give her, her rice cereal before bed followed by a bottle. It seems to stick with them longer. Some people have had good luck with the Baby Wise books. Always worth a shot. Hope that helps :)
I completely understand how you feel. I am in the same boat with my little one. She sure is cute!
Post a Comment