After school yesterday the weather was so nice so Izzy and I decided to take a little detour on the way home and go to the zoo. If anyone didn't know, I love the zoo. While we were there I was really thinking about how much the zoo really means to me and Izzy. This summer was a really hard, stressful time, I was taking 16 credit hours at school and cramped in a small apartment with two dogs (one of which I did not like much). I was really struggling with being a student mom, which I really struggle with every semester. Every semester I am so close to just quiting school because I feel like being a student makes me kind of a crappy mom and wife. But this all changed with the Zoo. Izzy and I went to the zoo probably three times a week during the summer, most of the time we got to go with our favorite people, Bethany & Henri. Izzy and I have never been happier then when we are at the zoo together. She loves it, and I love just getting to be mom, especially getting to be the fun mom that doesn't get impatient or stressed or has to ignore her to try to get something else done...I just get to be mom. I know it sounds totally weird but I actually get kind or teary eyed thinking about not going this summer and not being able to spend time with Bethany and Henri. All this emotion could be pregnancy related :) Anyways, I heart the zoo, and it did us both a lot of good to get to revisit our old stomping ground.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Zoo Love
After school yesterday the weather was so nice so Izzy and I decided to take a little detour on the way home and go to the zoo. If anyone didn't know, I love the zoo. While we were there I was really thinking about how much the zoo really means to me and Izzy. This summer was a really hard, stressful time, I was taking 16 credit hours at school and cramped in a small apartment with two dogs (one of which I did not like much). I was really struggling with being a student mom, which I really struggle with every semester. Every semester I am so close to just quiting school because I feel like being a student makes me kind of a crappy mom and wife. But this all changed with the Zoo. Izzy and I went to the zoo probably three times a week during the summer, most of the time we got to go with our favorite people, Bethany & Henri. Izzy and I have never been happier then when we are at the zoo together. She loves it, and I love just getting to be mom, especially getting to be the fun mom that doesn't get impatient or stressed or has to ignore her to try to get something else done...I just get to be mom. I know it sounds totally weird but I actually get kind or teary eyed thinking about not going this summer and not being able to spend time with Bethany and Henri. All this emotion could be pregnancy related :) Anyways, I heart the zoo, and it did us both a lot of good to get to revisit our old stomping ground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aww, I am so sad I missed out. I, too, grew to cherish our outings to the zoo. As hard as it was to get lunch packed and get out the door sometimes, we always had a great time with you and Izzy once we were there. I miss the zoo! And I miss hanging out with you guys.
My interview was for a recreation coordinator job at Lake Powell at Bullfrog marina. I will probably blog more about it later and/or call you to give you the details.
P.S. You are a great mom!
I just love those things that make me feel like a fun mommy. Last summer Bree and I took 2 walks a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. We liked to take our time and look at all the flowers, trees, animals, etc. I can't wait to do that again!
I've only been to the zoo probably a total of 10 times in my life. (that I can remember anyway) I do like it though. I'm glad that you feel like a good mom there because you are always a good mom.
Special.
Post a Comment