Monday, May 19, 2008

Garden Party!


This Saturday was a big day at the Miller household...we planted our first garden. This is huge because both Sean and I have wanted a garden forever but we have been stuck in tiny apartments for so long that it was always impossible. We even tried to grow some tomatoes in big pots once but it was pretty much a disaster. It was so awesome to be able to plant something on our OWN soil. Izzy was a big help getting all the weeds out and shoveling random dirt. She also had a lot of fun putting the Miracle Grow in the holes before we planted. We planted tomatoes (way too many), cucumbers, onions, honeydew, pumpkin, and a variety of squash. A huge thank you to Rachel and my mom who helped me weed, pick out plants, and plant the garden, I couldn't have done it without you (like literally because I am as big as a whale right now). I put this gross picture of me up to document that I did in fact plant a garden when I was 9+ months preggers.

1 comment:

WendyandGabe said...

Mmmm . . . I can taste those fresh veggies already! If your crop gets to abundant to handle, you know where you can drop it off. :)