Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Get out already!


So I love being a mom. It's the best thing that I have EVER done, it challenges me like nothing else and fulfills me like nothing else and even though there is room for improvement, I think I am a pretty good mom, it's what I was born to do. That being said, I HATE being pregnant, any and all ill effects of pregnancy happen to me. I won't go into detail I'm sure you are all sick of hearing me complain but it's pretty bad. I can't stand women who say they love being pregnant or even worse that they feel better/prettier/more energized while pregnant...I seriously want to kill them. It is frustrating to me that it is so hard for me to carry my children when I want to have so many of them, I'm not sure how many more times I can actually be this way for 9 months at a time. Although it's hard I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve my kids in this way, I've never been asked to sacrifice so much for something. I hope that one day they will understand how huge it was for me and how much more I love them because of that sacrifice. Anyways, sorry for the random ramblings on pregnancy, I'm just super ready to have this baby and am feeling a little anxious/thoughtful. As of today I'm 3 1/2 cm dilated and 70% effaced (I know lots of you know women who were dilated like a 5 for 2 months but I don't want your negative energy right now) so everyone cross their fingers that the next Miller will be making her earthly debut very soon.

On a side note- I love my new neighborhood. My cute neighbor Leslie (who doesn't even know me that well) just called to see how I was doing and told me I could call her anytime day or night to take Izzy if we needed her and she was serious, not like those people you can tell aren't that sincere and offer to help but you would feel weird if you actually asked them for help (I'm not trying to trash talk anyone, I think I end up in this category more often then naught). She is just so awesome and it makes me so happy to know that we have such great neighbors!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm rooting for an early arrival. Hang in there, you can do it. I'm glad you have nice neighbors who are sincere. We're having a block party on Friday with our street (all 4 houses) and I'm pretty sure everyone will be drinking alcohol but us. Someday we'll live in a cute neighborhood like you.

Megan said...

Wow, I can completely relate! I HATED being pregnant. Boy do I love the outcome, but it really was the worst nine months ever! And I too had just about every bad pregnancy symptom in the book (plus some I didn't even know existed).

I remember at the end of my pregnancy feeling like Aubrey would never come, and that I would just be pregnant and miserable forever. I mean I REALLY thought that.

But Izzy seems like a sweet girl (from what I read on your blog anyway) and I'm sure you are an awesome mom. So hang in there, because I'm sure there is another awesome little person waiting to get to you too!

Missy said...

Good luck with this week! You will be in our prayers! :)