Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday...

Now that we are done with school and are officially not "starving students" I find myself coming up with a lot more "wants" and I begin to get frustrated that I don't have everything I could ever want right when I decide I want it. Sean and I talked the other day about how sometimes we focus too much on what we don't have and what we want in the future rather then being thankful for how far we have come and what we do have. So today I've been thinking a lot about those things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful:

- For my beautiful, funny, sweet, and brave Izzy. I waited a long time for her and went through a lot of heartache before she came into my life and with her birth it seemed to all wash away.

-For a baby that giggles at everything and cries at nothing (well almost nothing).

-For a smart, sexy, funny, and supportive best friend.

-For a family and family in law that are so loving and kind.

-For my very own washer and dryer.

-For my home.

-For my body, that is proving to be stronger and more resilient then I thought.

-For connections found in unexpected places, like getting to know someone from high school that I never realized was so sweet and finding out that a cousin struggles with some of the same challenges that I do.

-For Christ and second chances.

-For a loving Heavenly Father that sees fit to bless me with way more then I deserve.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I totally know the feeling. Dan and I have been non-starving students for almost a year and a half and I find myself thinking, "someday I'll have that..." and wanting that someday to be now. Thanks for reminding me to be grateful for the present.

The Hilton Family~ said...

What an awesome post! I think that it is so great to sit down and really think about all that we have to be greatful for. I really need to do that way more often! You have the cutest girls ever!! Thanks for the great post!

alison said...

You are one fabuluous momma, wife and individual. I admire you for all of your strengths. Press forward darling and cherish today!